ELECTRONIC EAST AFRICA COMMUNITY (EAC) PASSPORT
In July, 2022, an e-passport center was launched at Uganda High Commission in Pretoria. The center enrolls Ugandans living in South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Lesotho and Eswatini with the new EAC passports. The application process is outlined below.
- Log onto the web portal, www.passports.go.ug.
- Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
- Answer the simple security questions.
- Complete the Passport application form (Please fill in all the fields on the form).
- Print the Passport application payment advice form.
- Make the payment for the selected type of passport that is Ordinary, Diplomatic and Official, using the given payment method.
- Schedule an appointment for a date of your convenience using the schedule appointment link.
- Print the Passport application appointment form.
- Report to the selected Passport Centre (The Uganda High Commission in Pretoria) on your date of appointment with the passport appointment and the appropriate application requirements displayed on the website.
Passport Application Requirements.
- Uganda National ID.
- Recommendation letter and copy of the national ID of the recommender.
- Documents supporting your profession
- Make payments as described in the fees structure.
- Any other additional identification documents e.g., driving permit, birth certificate, academic documents etc.
Renewal of passport
- Old Passport
Replacement of lost passport
- Sworn Affidavit
- Police letter
- Payment of fine of 100,000 UGX for the loss of passport
Replacement of damaged passport
- A letter explaining how the passport got damaged.
- Present the damaged passport.
- Payment of fine of 100,000 UGX for the damaged passport.
Obtaining a passport for a minor (under 18)
- Birth certificate
- Parents National IDs/ Copies of bio data pages and page 45 of their passports.
- Letter of consent from the parents.
Type of Passport
The Applicants should only submit their passport applications on their scheduled day of appointment from 9:00 am to 1:00pm.