Certificate of Identity
CERTIFICATES OF IDENTITY or EMERGENCY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
A Certificate of Identity is issued to Ugandans who cannot readily access passports in emergency situations.
Application requirements for a Certificate of Identity
- Filled in Consular & Emergency Travel document forms
- 2 clear passport size photos
- Presentation of your passport, if it is expired
- For children, the parents should submit a certified birth certificate, a consent letter from both parents authorizing us to issue the child with a Certificate of Identity as well as passport copies of the parents.
- A police Affidavit and a copy of the passport bio-data page for those that have lost their passports.
Payment for the Certificate of Identity/Emergency Travel document.
The fees for the Certificate of Identity or Emergency travel document which are 800 South African Rand will be paid direct to Uganda Revenue Authority as follows;
1. Go to the web portal, www.ura.go.ug
2. Click on e-services
3. Click on Payment Registration on the left side of the page
4.Click on 'Other NTR'
5. Fill in your name and details in Uganda (residence/where payment will be made)
6.Under Ministry/ Department/Agency, select 'Diplomatic Missions'
7.Under Embassies/Missions, select 'Uganda High Commission in Pretoria'
8. Under Tax Head, select ‘Certificates of identity’
9. Enter the amount 800 Rand (which is the fee for the Certificate of Identity) under Additional fees if applicable
10. Click in the box for Total fees payable (in UGX)
11. Fill in your Identification details
12. Select the payment method that you would like to use
13. Accept and register the payment.
14. You can make the payment, attach your proof of payment and the other requirements for a Certificate of Identity and submit in person at the Mission.
The Uganda High Commission will NOT accept any payments for Certificates of Identity or Emergency travel documents that are made into our bank accounts.